Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Doily Mask

Hello Stamping friends! Today I wanted to show you a fun technique using paper doilies as a mask for a fun background.   It's really pretty simple and if you are a fan of watercolor (like me)  you will love the effect. 









I started with a piece of 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 shimmery white cardstock.  With your Aqua painter and ink, add color directly on top of the doily.  You do not want your brush to be too wet.  I experimented with using the same doily over and over but it is best to use an uninked area each time.  The doily starts to get too wet and the color gets splotchy if you go over it too much.  One doily will do one card, because you only use a bit of it each time.










 The colors used here are Pool Party and Wild Wasabi.
















The butterflies are stamped onto a scrap of shimmery white and cut out using the co-coordinating thinlit dies.  I also added a solid Pool Party butterfly behind the stamped one.
I hope you will give this a try.  Thanks for stopping by! 













1 comment:

  1. Definitely a WOW project Beth. Thanks for sharing the details and directions. I can't wait to CASE this!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!