Friday, July 22, 2011

Winter Post

I'm still in Christmas card mode! This in one of my favorite Christmas sets called "Winter Post".  The image of the skaters is pretty, but it also has a variety of other images as well. I am going through some of last years card to use as inspiration for the upcoming 'Christmas in July' class.  I am certainly not going to be inspired by my surroundings, its supposed to get to 94 degrees today.  I made this card for a Christmas card swap I was in last year.  I had to make 25 of them. That was a lot of coloring and embossing but I was happy with the results.  I cut a piece of very vanilla cardstock into a tag and stamped the skaters image on it.  Next I used blender pens to softly color the image.  I randomly embossed snowflakes snowflakes onto the real red card base.  I wanted it to have a vintage feel, so I sponged ink on all the pieces, and tore the base layers and added a piece of  Newsprint DSP for an added layer.   It doesn't show up in the picture but there is a very small amount of dazzling diamonds glitter on the ice, and a bit on the woman's hat and gloves.   Hope you like it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!