Thursday, July 24, 2014

MDS Blog Hop ~ What are we working on?


 Hi everyone! It's MDS Blog hop time again! The MDS Blog Hop is put together by a group of MDS enthusiasts who link our blogs together to share our love of My Digital Studio! This week we are showcasing what we are working on in MDS.  I wanted to share a swap that I made for the Stampin' Up! convention that was just last week.  As you know I love MDS and I wanted to be sure to include some MDS cards among  my swap cards.  I decided to make a card that uses downloads that come with the MDS software so that anyone who has MDS can make one just like it.  You can see all the included content here. The butterfly and newsprint background are on page 3 in the First Edition stamp brush.  The Thank you is on page 5 in the Thank you Kindly download.


I started out by opening up a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card template. I added the newprint stamp to my page, but I did not want it to stay rectangular, so I clicked on the "Crop" button and choose "Crop Shape". And cropped it into an oval.  I then added a punch oval filled with Very Vanilla behind it.  I then added a Thank you underneath and the card base was complete. 












 I also added the butterfly to the card base, but that was just for placement.  Here is the card base. 







I clicked on the print button and choose the "4 up card font option" so that one 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper would print 4 card fronts.   I printed them onto Naturals White card stock.   
I next printed up a sheet of butterflies in the same size as the ones I made on the card fronts.  I printed these onto Naturals White cardstock as well.  



















I then colored all of the butterflies using my Blendabilities Markets in the two lightest shades of Night of Navy and the lightest Crumb Cake.  Blendabilities are going to be great for coloring in my Printed out Digital Stamps.   Stampin' Up! recommends using Whisper White paper for coloring with Blendabilities, but since I was not doing a lot of shading, the Naturals Card stock worked just fine and I love how they turned out.  Standard markers can leave lines across your image when you color them, but the alcohol  Blendabilities markers did not.








I used dimentionals to attach the butterfly to the card front with some linen thread acting as antenna. Some Rhinestones add a touch of bling to the card and draw the eye up the butterflies path. I hope that those I swapped with enjoyed my cards.  
Now I hope that you will follow the hop on to Holly's blog to see what she is up to in MDS!  I am sure she has something great to share!
http://createsomethingeveryday.blogspot.com/2014/07/mdsbh07-24.html

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Beth. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had found you to swap with at Convention! These are beautiful. I was disappointed that MDS was not even mentioned at convention this year!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!