Thursday, December 17, 2015

Gift bags!

Well it has been a while since I last posted hasn't it?  This time of year is so busy for everyone and I have been getting all set for Christmas.  I am actually all set presents wise, this is a record for me! I am usually last minute.  However I have not yet finished addressing and sending my cards!!  Yikes!  I got all "wrapped" up getting my packages sent to out of town family and I have even wrapped and hidden all the presents for this house as well!  The past couple of days I have been working of some small gift bags and I thought I would share them with you.  I know it is a little late for you to be purchasing supplies to make Christmas gifts but, perhaps this will give you some ideas for next year!  or you can take the idea and adapt it for Valentine's Day.  I made the bags with the Gift Bag Punch board!  The Gift Bag punch board makes this project so fast and easy.  I made 8 of these this afternoon.  I used tags from the Oh What Fun tag kit.  The tag kit makes 30 tags and is currently on sale for $14.70.  The stamp set that works with the tag kit is sold separately but I think it would be simple to make similar varieties with some Christmas stamps you may have already, or you could pick up the Oh what fun stamp set for $21, it is a great Christmas set to have on hand. 

This size bag uses one sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 cardstock.  The directions for the bag are printed directly on the punch board so you can't go wrong.

The Board makes a bag with ribbon handles at the top, but I altered it slightly to make a flap at the top.  I simple punch a flap using the same punch that makes the bottom flaps, then trim an inch and a half off the top, leaving the flap.  I then use the hole punch on the board to make holes for my ribbon.




Here is what my finished bag looks like flat. 











I then mock fold my bag without adhesives to line up the holes and mark them with a pencil.  Then I use a hand held hole punch to make holes on the inside of the bag to make the closure.













The bag is big enough to hold a gift card, and some small items.  This one is going to my niece,  so it has a gift card to a store she likes, as well as green nail polish, her school color.  She is a freshman on the varsity gymnastics team this year!  Go Sydney! I also threw in a couple tinted lip glosses and some chocolates. 















Here it is all closed up. 



Now is a great time to take a look at the year end close out sale.  There are some great holiday products on sale that you will really want next year!  Check out the Holiday Fancy Vellum, this is really great and on sale.  The Real Red and Garden Green striped ribbon is a great deal too!  head over to the online store and check out the deals! 








Take a look at the video for this punch board! 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!