Saturday, August 26, 2017

Icing on the Cake birthday card

Hi Everyone! Yesterday I showed you how to make a scrapbook page with the Icing on the Cake stamp set. Today I thought I would share a Birthday card with that set as well. This is such a fun set for me.  I enjoy baking and I like to make cakes and cookies and cupcakes with my kids, and we always make homemade frosting, never from a can. 




There are some two-step stamps to give a more realistic look to the frosting elements, such as the flower and leaves.
The stamp set is photopolymer so it was really easy to line up the  stamps make a longer row of icing.  There are several icing styles.  Here I used the pearls and loops, and I used the shells on the pink card.














My kids love big number candles on their cakes, so I had to do that here as well.  I cut out the numbers with the Large Numbers Framelits and added Dazzling Diamonds to make them sparkle.














Even the flame is made from the set. I used the smaller leaf background stamped in yellow, then added calypso coral to the make an oranger center.




Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my project.


Want a Little? place an order and take advantage of my Frequent Buyer Rewards program.
Want a Lot? Orders or $150 or more get Stampin' Rewards from Stampin' Up!  And, you also get    my Frequent Buyer Rewards Program as well!
Wish you could have it all?  Join my team! Stampin' Up! demonstrators receive discounts and perks all year long, with no obligations to buy more.  Get $125 worth of products for just $99 right off the bat, then continue to get more as long as YOU like, stop when you want.  (I'm hoping you'll love it) Watch my Join Video to learn more. Click the Join tab under the blog header.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!