Thursday, January 11, 2018

Tailored Tag Punch Background

Hi everyone! Did you see the new punch in the Spring Occasions Catalog!  I love it. To be honest, I love any punch really.  But this is a really fun shape and I decided to play around with it for this card, using it to make the background. 
I punched out several in each color, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Sky and Pacific point.  Then I adhered them in random order onto a base scrap of paper 3 3/4 by 5 inches.  I then trimmed around the edges to get a clean line.  I mounted the whole piece onto Smokey Slate then a card base of Basic Gray. 
The Guitar and "You're Awesome" stamp set come from the set "Epic Celebration", which is a choice in the Sale-a-Bration catalog.  During Sale-a-Bration you can choose 1 level one product for every $50 you spend, or if you spend $100, you can choose 2 level ones or 1 level two, and so on.  This is a great time to stock up on envelopes and cardstock, or add some more ink pad colors to your collection.  You can see the whole Sale-a-Bration catalog with choices if you click on the catalog to the right.
Here is a video showing you step by step how I put this card together.



This card was inspired by a challenge at www.splitcoaststampers.com
If you are not familiar with this web site I highly recommend checking it out.  Click on the Gallery link and go to the Stampin' Up! gallery and you will be blown away by the amount of samples in EVERY Stampin' Up! stamp set.    The challenges are in another gallery and change each month.  Here is a link right to the challenges. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=20742
This month's theme is "singing the blues".  This card was for the color challenge, and I liked that the guitar added some music to the card as well.

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!