Monday, May 7, 2012

card box and card set

I came across this super cute box project here .   I thought it was so cute I had to make one too.  The box is made in two parts.  One piece of paper 10 x 6 , scored at 3.75 in, 4.5 in, and 9 in.  This is the back and top flap, with a little tab for the bottom that nestles into the next piece...  11 x 4.25, scored at .5, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 and 10.5.  then rotate the paper and score at 1 in.  This makes the accordion folded sides and front of the box, with the one inch tab that nestles over the other pieces flap, i think if you cut and score your pieces, this will be clear.  Here is the side picture.
I used some pieces of magnetic strips to keep the flap closed.  The box is filled with co-ordinating cards and envelopes.
Lately, I like to decorate my envelopes with matching paper.  I do this by applying glue to the outside flap of the envelope, the laying the flap down on the paper and cutting around it.
For this one, I dressed it up even more with some scallop trim, made with the dotted ribbon punch. 
Cut in half.
I then run the piece of paper along m finger nail to make it more pliable, because the envelope flap has a slight curve to it.
I then glued it between the designer paper and the flap, I knew I was going to do this, so when I applied the glue initially, I left the flap unglued at the end. 



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing...I love the box and the cards. Following you now. Would love for you to check out my blog
    www.bethfesperman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!