Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Tassel is worth the hassle

So, yesterdays grad cap card had a really cute tassel and some of you asked how to do it.  It is super easy, shown to me by another demo Deanna a few weeks ago, thanks Deanna! 
A picture is worth a thousand words right?
Cut a length of ribbon and fold it in half and knot.
Cut off the raised edge of one side on the ribbon.
Start pulling the long fibers off the spine (the other raised edge).

Cut off the other raised edge spine, you will be left with a cute fringe piece that you could use on another project (we craters can be such hoarders can't we?) Do this to both ends of the ribbon.  Now you have your tassel!

What can you make with the left over fringe?  I don't know, it reminds me of a cowboy shirt.  But, am I going to toss it?  not yet ;) 
Add a brad and attach it to the cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!