Wednesday, March 5, 2014

St. Patrick's Day "Hi!"

St. Patrick's Day is almost here and I love to give the kids in class a fun little treat.  Last year they received fun little leprechauns, and I was almost going to make them again.  Then another Demonstrator friend of mine, Linda Budzik, make a cute little pop-corn treat and I decided to make that instead.  The Tag reads "Just Popping by with a St. Patrick's Day Hi" and inside I added a packet of Pop-Rocks for the kids. n Linda's version held popcorn.  Linda says that she got the idea from her sister, Laure Sander, who made something similar for Christmas.  How Brilliant!  You can substitute any Holiday on the Tag.
To make my version you start with a 6 x 6 inch piece of paper, scored at 1 1/4 and 4.  Fold along the score lines and add adhesive to the bottom and along the flap to keep it closed.  Use a hole punch to punch a hole at the top.




Edited to add a video tutorial of this type of treat holder...





Thread your ribbon through the holes, going straight across.  I keep the ribbon on the spool while I do this because in your next step you are going to push the Pop-Rocks down into the pouch, pulling the ribbon down with them, so that the ribbon is looped underneath the treat.






























Here the Pop-Rocks pack is going into the pouch.   You can alsi see in this picture that I folded the pop-rocks pack in a bit.  I wanted to get the most of my 12 x 12 paper.  In order to get 4 out of each sheet, I needed to fold them just a tiny bit.












Now, when the recipient pulls the ribbon up, the treat will pop up too! P.S.  that ribbon is on the Clearance Rack right now!! Love the Clearance Rack, so full of goodies! 















I made the shamrock with pansy punch!  See in the photo where I cut to make it a shamrock?  Love it.
Pansy punch # 130698 $15.95















I created my labels in My Digital Studio.  Seriously, I use that program just about every day!















I looked for a St. Patrick's Day stamp and I found one, but it has an image in the middle. Here is what it looked like.
Here were the two I liked.   But, I didn't want the shamrock image because I wanted to use my punched shamrocks, so I got rid of the centers by adding a circle punch to the centers of each image, filled with white.













Here is what they looked like with the centers filled in.   I then resized them to fit the 2 1/2 inch circle punch. 













I filled a whole page with my stamp image and printed it out.
















I also printed out a page of my " Just popping by with a St. Patrick's Day Hi!" tags.















I added a large Rhinestone to a few select treats.  I know most kids will just tear this apart in seconds :)















Here is the project that Linda made, which gave me this idea!

Linda used the Heart punch to make her shamrock, and wrapped a popcorn bag with DSP! 

Hope you enjoyed the projects!  Thanks for stopping by! and thanks Linda for the idea!


1 comment:

  1. Adorable and Quick project. Thank you for the many ideas you shared

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!