Monday, January 28, 2013

Sweet Threads kit

The new spring seasonal catalog is filled with fun kits at great prices.  I thought I would show off my favorite kit today.  It is super cute and easy and I am not a sewer at all.  This kit is called Sweet Threads Simply Sent kit.  It comes with 8 cards and envelopes, as well as thread, dimentionals and cross stitch card embellishments.  I made them while watching the news.  A great wind down activity. 













Here is a picture of what comes in the kit.  Even the needle is included.  You can purchase the kit as shown for just $12.95, or as a Bundle with a stamp set called "Essentials"  that includes the Happy Birthday and Thank you I used in the pictured cards, for just $16.95.  If you already have a lot of sentiment stamps, you can just use those.  The colors in the kit are Primrose Petals and Lucky Limeade, so I used those colors for the ink, but you could also use a Basic Black or Grey or Chocolate Chip ink.  Remember, it's called "Simply Sent", so keep it simple and use what you have if you can.  When you're finished with the kit, you've used up all the pieces, so no left overs to deal with.  All the instructions are included. 
I made a few exactly as shown on the kit cover, but then I added some more embellishments to a few too.  And, as a tip, I also separated the thread in half.  You don't have to do this, they give you plenty and you will have a bit left over, but I thought the thread was a little thick and so you don't see the cross stitch detail as well, and the kit instructions mentioned that you could separate the thread into two if you wanted more detail, so I did and liked the look better.  Here is are some close ups so you can see what I mean.
 Here is the thread as it comes.



Here sis the thread separated.
The thread on the left is the separated one.   I run the separated thread over a glue stick to help it stay together better.  I just lightly hold it against a glue stick and pull the thread along so it all gets just a tiny bit.  I used my left over thread to make bows on a few of the cards. 
I used the Bitty Buttons and co-ordinating Itty Bitty Punch Pack to make a cute cupcake embellishment.

 
 Here I used a Lucky Limeade brad and a scrap of Lucky Limeade Ribbon to add some more detail.

Here I used the Itty Bitty punch and a Rhinestone on my cupcake.
And here are my cards all finished and ready to go! So cute and so Simple Sent!
 
 
Check out the kit on page 22 of the Spring Catalog.
Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!