Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Flower spinner

EDITED MAY 2016!!! I thought I would come back and add a note to this post since it gets a lot of views even 2 years later! Stampin' Up! just came out with a new product that cuts the track for this card all in one step, as well as a different style track.  It comes out on June 1, 2016. It's called "Sliding Star Framelits" and there is a matching stamp set with cute stamps to make spin on the track, called "shooting star" because as you can guess, one of the images is a star.  Very cute set and die.  Page 91 and 192 of the new annual catalog.  Place an order on my blog June 2016 and I will send you a thank you made with this design! Contact me with any questions!
 

I saw this super fun template by Demonstrators Dawn Griffith and I just had to give it a try.  I have made spinner cards before but I hadn't made one the goes around and around in a circle before, cute right?
I made my version with some Stamp and Punch bundles that are retiring in the new catalog.  The products themselves are not retiring, just the bundle, so if you like them, it's best to get them by May 31st because they are currently 15% off when you buy the stamp and the punch together.  This card uses the Flower Shop Bundle and the Petite Petals Bundle



I made the spinner circle with the circles framelit dies.  It is so easy to line them up with the magnetic platform!














I raised the top panel off the base with dimensionals.  I found that the spinning motion worked a little easier if I made the dimensionals two layers thick. 










I layered two pennies with a double stack of dimensionals (cut in a small piece to fit in the track) and used a glue dot to adhere the pennies to the flower.  I placed the pennies into the outer edge of the circle, then added the center circle.





























The flower spins around as you turn the card.  Fun! This may need extra postage due to the pennies but it is cute so it's worth it right?  Hope you think so!
Thanks for stopping by today! 

4 comments:

  1. awesome. made one pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your card. This is a different SPIN on a spinner card than what I have seen so can you answer a couple of questions for me please. I am a SU demo in VA. What size framelits did you use out of the pack, and which circle did you use to attach the flower to? The large one or the smaller one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I guess I should read all of your notes first. Thank you for your post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you were able to figure it out! Let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to help!
      beth

      Delete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!