Friday, May 30, 2014

Grad Card Money Holder

Hi everyone!  I've got another Grad card today.  This time it's a money holder card!  I saw a similar card by another Demonstrator named Rachelle Maggart and changed it up just a bit to work with some items I had on hand.  I used a new stamp set called "Bravo" which will be available on Monday at noon (MT)! 









 Best yet, it is a money holder!! YEA! Perfect for graduations and even weddings!  Change the stars to hearts and you've got a wedding card.















The base layer is Basic Black cut to 6 1/2 x 8 1/4, scored at 3 and 6.
See that notch?  It was made with the Envelope Punch Board! 





I placed the cardstock under the punch and lined the end up at 3 1/2. 









Once you've made the notch, line the bottom up with the cutting track on your cutter and snip off from the notch to the end.






























The inside layer is also notched at 3 1/2 just the same as the base layer.











I rounded the bottom corners of the Silver Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, as well as the bottom of the front card flap.  This beautiful paper is from the Occasions mini catalog that ends tomorrow, but good news, it is carried over into the new Big Idea Book and Catalog! YEA!






























I used these measurements because I had some envelopes that would fit this size perfectly.  If you've been around Stampin' Up! for a long time you may remember the long open ended envelopes?  But if you don't have those, you can make your own custom size envelopes using the envelope punch board!   You can also change the length up a bit to make them longer to fit dollar bills instead of checks. 

Here are some other versions that use the "Sassy Salutations" stamp set. 
Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!