Thursday, May 1, 2014

One card base two ways





















During Sale-a-Bration we made the card on the right and as I was cleaning off my work desk I found a baggie with some left over card bases.  I was just going to make up some more of the Sale-a-Bration thank you cards but I didn't have any of the DSP cut anymore and decided to make something else instead.   It's interesting how changing the Basic Black to Baked Brown Sugar and the Whisper White to Very Vanilla can make such a big difference in how the Pool Party on the card looks.   The card base is one I have been seeing a lot on the web and so I really don't know who was the original creator of this.  I do love how it uses the Scallop Tag Topper punch in a new way.  I am getting a lot of mileage out of that punch for sure!  I made those Easter treats a few weeks back, and lots more.  This is a really fun punch!!  You can do an internet search for "scallop tag topper punch" to see lots of videos on how to make this and more. 
   The centers of the flowers have some added sparkle with the addition of Dazzling Details.
The larger flowers are from the Flower Shop stamp set.  The smaller flowers are from the Petite Petals stamp set.  Both have matching punches!!
















The tabs are punched with the scallop tag topper punch.




I really wanted to show you some new goodies today but i seriously trashed my stamp room rearranging after removing all the retired items.   So then I made these cards with the card bases I uncovered, and I think I am all set to get to stamping new now.  I hope to share some newness with you soon!
Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!