Saturday, July 9, 2016

Project Life ~ All Year Long Haiti scrapbook

Hello everyone!  Yesterday was my birthday and my husbands gift to me was a day to do what I wanted.  He actually got me a new bike a while back but on my actual birthday he decided to also give me the gift of not dealing with the kids stuff.  He did their breakfast and lunch, and told them to only go to him with any thing they needed that day.  I slept in!! Yay!  And we ordered the kids a pizza and we went out for dinner to Cozy Mel's, a yummy Mexican  restaurant I like.  During the day I took a long bath with my current book, I slept until after 10!! and I worked on some of my craft projects.  I have been wanting to complete a book on my trip to Haiti for a long time and so I decided that this would be a good time to work on it.  The photos from this trip are pre-digital camera for me, so I thought that Project Life would be a fun way to go with these photos.  I had this album and pages purchased a while ago, so it was great to use them!! I love the Project Life card kits and usually buy them all because I just know that if I don't have them, of course the one set I don't have will be the set that would be perfect for the photos I have!  I flipped through the photos to get a sense of what colors and style would work and I decided that the All Year Long set would be perfect.   Project Life is meant to be an easier way to scrapbook and I really took that to heart.  I selected a couple extra items besides what came in the card kit and embellishment pack, and that is it.  If  you start to use a bunch of different stamp sets and so many different add-ons, you will make yourself crazy and your book might get a little too hard to look at as well.  I grabbed some cardstock in the colors in the kit, as well as one extra stamp set and some simple burlap ribbon.  I stuck with the 4 main colors in the kit, Early Espresso, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macron and Very Vanilla.
Do you love those new Large Letters Framelit Dies?  I sure do, they were on my first Demo order!  I kept the cover fairly simple.  I know that in getting taken on and off the shelf that too many embellishments on the cover may get ruined or fall off, so I glued them down with liquid glue, making sure to get the glue all the way to the edges.


My title page looks very much like the cover.
I used the flowers from the Jar of Love stamp set as my extra stamps. 














The embellishment kit for the All Year Long cards has two sheets of alphabet letters and I used those quite a bit for page titles.  There were plenty of journaling cards in the card kit and that made putting the pages together pretty quick.
One little trick I used a couple of times was to cut a photo into two in order to make it work in the pockets.  This doesn't always work with every subject or photo, but I think my landscapers looked nice.































As you can see I kept it pretty simple.  Each page has a journal card to explain the photos, some pages had a few embellishments, some of the smaller photos needed mats.  I ended up with a really nice book with about 36 pages. Below are just a few.
















I used A LOT of the cards from this kit.  I have a lot left over as well and I know that I will use them on other pages and card projects.  When working with a small album like this one, I stick with one card collection and one theme like a single vacation or event.  My larger 12 x 12 albums are for day to day or smaller groups of events and for those I will use up cards from multiple kits as well as traditional and digital pages. 
Another GREAT use for the extra Project Life cards is as layers on your greeting cards.  The cards feature our fabulous Stampin' Up! colors and are absolutely perfect for you cards even if you don't scrapbook at all!!
Here is a fun card that I made with left over cards from the All Year Long collection.  That great little wooden leaf is also from the All Year Long collection.













 You get 100 double sided cards in three sizes for just $16.00!!  Think what you can do!!















 The Accessory pack comes with ...
* Exclusive set of 9 photopolymer stamps
* 4 silver foil specialty cards, 3" x 4" (7.6 x 10.2 cm)
* 2 printed vellum specialty cards, 4" x 6" (10.2 x 15.2 cm)
* 2 alphabet sticker sheets
* 2 element sticker sheets
* 14 double-sided specialty cards, 2" x 2" (5.1 x 5.1 cm)
* 6 silver foil specialty cards, 2" x 2" (5.1 x 5.1 cm)
* 12 wood shapes
* 12 rectangle paper clips
* 1 roll washi tape, 5 yards (4.6 m)

All for just $18.00

The All Year Long collection is just one in the line of Project Life by Stampin' Up! collection.  I hope that you will check out the rest of the Project Life by Stampin' Up! collection.  I just know that you will have fun with the cards and embellishments.  
I was going to make a video on putting together a project life page, but Stampin' Up! made a really good one and it's better than any I could make, so I am attaching that here. Enjoy! 
 
 And You really need to head over to the clearance rack!! There are a few older discontinued Project Life by Stampin' Up! kits on sale at really reduced prices.  The Christmas packs are just great and Christmas will be here before you know it.  The clearance rack seletion will give you the chance to try Project Life without spending a lot of  money.  The Seasonal Snapshot collection is marked more than 60% off!
Thanks for stopping by today!!

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!