Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Basket Weave Fold Card with Colorful Season Stamps

Hi Everyone! Today I want to share a card that we made at Stamp Camp last weekend.  This card features a fun technique called the Basket Weave fold and it is so pretty and looks hard but is actually very simple.  I saw it a few times in the past online, and then this past Valentine's Day one of my Stamper Friends gave me a card with this technique and I vowed to try it for myself.  Though it took me a while, I finally got around to it and it is very fun!
I found a template here at Splitcoaststampers.  This is a great stampers website that if you are not familiar with, I really recommend you check them out.  They have a HUGE resource library and gallery of cards.  You can even search the Stampin' Up! gallery and find samples of cards for each stamp set Stampin' Up! has made for the last who knows how many years, all cataloged alphabetically so they are easy to find. 
Anyway, onto my card :)

I made a video to show you step by step how to achieve the basket weave along the fold.   



I used the Colorful Seasons Bundle to make the leaves. This design can really be used for any occasion, fall birthday, thank you, sympathy, anything. I used Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze and Crushed  Curry.  Here is what the inside and outside looks like when open.  The recipient of the card will be amazed and think this was a tricky fold, but it was really so easy.
I hope that you like the card.  
Don't forget that there is a paper sale going on right now! Chose from selected Designer Series Paper to Buy 3 and get 1 FREE! You can see the selection here.

Supply list: 



1 comment:

  1. These are BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing the techniques and for reminding me about Splitcoast Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!