Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Easy Gift Card Holders


 I love this gift card template because it is just so simple and still uses a half sheet of cardstock as it's base.  

You can use any papers, colors or themes with this too, so it's a perfect card template to have in your crafting know-how. 

For my version, I used the Modern Garden stamp and Garden Walk Designer Series Paper. I love this stamp set because it has both Christmas stamps but also Birthday and even a congratulations that could be nice for a wedding. The paper pack has both a holiday vibe and any day looks as well. 

This stamp set is in the mini catalog, so it will retire very soon.  The paper punch is a great one too, and I am glad that it will not be retiring.  I used the punch for both the label for the greeting and also a notch for the gift card. 




For this Christmas version I used Pretty Peacock and Wild Wheat cardstock. I added Poppy Parade to the colors for the stamped flowers on the inside. 

To create this card, you need to cut a sheet of cardstock in half along the long side, to end up with a 4 1/4 by 11 piece.  Score at 5 1/2 and 9 1/4.   The little scored area gets folded to the inside to create the pocket.  Punch out a notch before you glue it down. Make sure you only add adhesive to the edges so that you don't seal the pocket closed.  Once you have that card base down, you can decorate it as you wish. 








I used the Modern Label punch as a way to keep the card closed, so Thick Basic White cardstock is a good choice.  When attaching the label to the card, only add some dimensionals to the right side so that you can tuck the card front under.  Using dimensionals instead of just gluing the label down flat gives you a little more room to tuck the cover. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

See a super quick video showing it opening and closing below, or click the bottom video for a full length how to.



 The Modern Garden bundle and Garden Walk Designer Series paper will retire at the end of the month.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!