Saturday, June 8, 2024

Penciled Pear watercolored two ways

 

Hi stamping friends! I am playing around with the Penciled Pear stamp set.  I am part of a group of demonstrators who do a big card swap with new stamp sets from the Annual Catalog.  We each choose a different stamp set so that we end up with a large variety to share with our customers.  I choose Penciled Pear because I love the sketchy look to the images. My usual go to with stamp sets like this is to stamp on Crumb Cake and add some white pencil to look like a charcoal sketch. I take a drawing class and my favorite medium in that class is charcoal. This time I wanted more color, so I stamped in Versamark and embossed with Black Embossing Powder.  Then I had to decide how to color the image. I LOVE watercolor, so that was my first choice. Now I had to decide to use either Watercolor Pencil or Ink. Decisions decisions!  So hard to choose! In the end I went with BOTH!  In the photo above can you tell which is which?


On this card I used ink and a Water Brush to color the image. The pear is embossed with Black Embossing Powder and I used Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Poppy Parade to color it in.  I worked quickly to get a simple look. 

The background paper is from the Nature's Sweetness Designer Series Paper Pack, set onto Pebbled Path Cardstock.

I cut a circle with the Deckled Circles Dies, clipping off just a little from the right hand side. 

Basic Beige Bordered Ribbon is looped around the card and tied with Linen Thread. I have a hack for this in my video at the 23 Minute Mark, check it out.  I know, long video but I didn't know what to cut out!

 

 

 

This next card is the same but colored with Stampin' Up! Watercolor Pencils. 

The actual sentiment stamp reads "Thanks for being You".  To ink just the 'thanks' sentiment, I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write Market to highlight just the parts of the sentiment I wanted.  I used the rest of the sentiment on the inside.  Below is a photo from the inside of the card. 

On the inside I used Very Vanilla Cardsock. You can watercolor on Basic Vanilla Cardstock to paint, but only if the water is minimal and you work lightly and quickly.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 Here is a full length video. I hope you will check it out.  I offer some tips on watercolor, as well as using markers to ink up only portions of the image, and a ribbon hack too!  Be sure to leave a comment on your favorite watercolor method, and like and subscribe. :) My children told me I am supposed to ask for that to gain more views. We are doing a bit of an experiment :) 


 

Here are all the supplies used for this card.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!