Friday, July 5, 2024

Grassy Grove

 

Hi Everyone!

Today I want to share a card I made for a recent Swap.  The theme was Masculine.  I tend to make cards that are more 'pretty' or 'cute' so I was happy to sign up for the Masculine swap and get out of my comfort zone and gain some inspiration from the cards I got back. 

I decided to use the Grassy Grove Stamp Set.  I love the trees in this set and that deer is too sweet. 

The Designer Series Paper is called Country Woods and I think it is my current favorite.  









I didn't have enough metal dot embellishments to add to all my swap cards, but I did want to see how I liked them.  I think they add a nice touch. 

 I cut circles with the Stylish Shapes dies out of the wood look paper.  I then stamped the trees.  I stamped the deer on Crumb Cake cardstock and cut it out with the Grove Dies. 

The sentiment is cut from Pool Party cardstock, also using a die from the Stylish Shapes dies. 

I doubled up some Linen Thread for the bow. 







I love the paper with the different painted planks, but I wanted to also see if I liked it with just a solid background, in case the planks were too busy.  I think they are both nice.  I can't decide which I like best. 


Here is a quick 'How-To' in case you want a step by step.






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!