Sunday, September 22, 2024

One of a Kind snowflake set from Stampin' Up!

 

I spent several hours playing with this stamp set from Stampin' Up!  I love snowflakes, so the One of a Kind stamp set was in my first order from the latest mini catalog.  I kept making different versions of the card, not knowing if I wanted to go more simple or just keep adding more and more.  This set is so fun to use.  There are two dies that coordinate with the set. One cuts our the largest snowflake stamp image. The other cuts out a detailed snowflake.  Stamps with dies are only $27.75.




My first card used the snowflake stamps across the card in a horizontal flurry. I stamped them in Pool Party ink.  

The card Base is Pool Party with a layer of Real Red. I also added a sentiment on Real Red embossed in white. A bow of red and white bakers twine adds some texture behind the greeting. 



My second card is the same as the first, except I cut out a window with the large snowflake die, and added a layered snowflake behind the window, that is still visible when the card is opened. 





On the third version, I stamped the snowflakes across the card in Versamark ink and embossed them in white. I applied Pool Party ink with a blending brush. The embossed images resist the ink, so they are highlighted against the background.  I really enjoy seeing the snowflakes appear as the ink is applied on top. 





On my final version, I added the embossed snowflakes and the peek-through snowflake cut out. 


I can't really decide which one I like best.  The simplicity of the white background looks really nice, but I do love to emboss.  

 

Here is a full length how to so you can see the different varieties and the peek through in action. 


  Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!