Thursday, September 5, 2024

Shepherd's Care stamp set with Star-lit Glow technique

 

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a card I made with the Shepherd's Care stamp set from the new September to December Mini Catalog from Stampin' Up!  I wanted to make it look like the star was shining it's light down on the shepherd. I think I did it! 


I started by stamping the image onto Basic Gray cardstock.  I then masked off an area for the light, and used Blending Brushes to add Night of Navy ink for the sky. Next I used Craft White to stamp the star, and a White Watercolor pencil to add highlights to the shepherd.  


 I decided to make the glow a little warmer by adding some Daffodil Delight watercolor pencil on top of the white.  It is important to add the white first, to help the light yellow pigment to show up on the dark cardstock. 


I finished the inside with a sentiment and the smaller image of Bethlehem. You can see a full how to video of this card on my YouTube Channel. 



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!