Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Journals

I've been having fun making journals this week.  I made one for my sister-in-law.  She has just recently had a new baby and I was thinking about how they grow up so fast and how you think you'll remember all the things they say and do, but then years later you forget.  So, I thought a journal would be nice, and what better than one made with a picture of your cute little baby on the cover, right?  So, with the help of Stampin' Up's  "My Digital Studio", I made a journal with Edith's picture.  Then my husband and I were talking this morning because we were reminded of something funny our kids used to say, and we couldn't remember which of our sons said it.  I decided it would be a good idea to make a journal for myself, a kids journal, and it was so fun to make them that I ended up making 3!  One for each of my children.  I plan to keep track of all the funny or sweet things that they say or do, and then I can give them the journal when they are older and starting a family of their own.   First up, my Zachary journal.  It says "Enjoy the Journey", using images from Stampin' Up's travel journal digital kit.  
    This one took me minutes to make, it came together so fast because I stuck to all papers and images from the same digital kit.    Next we have Jillian's journal.   I used paper from "Timeless Portrait" and a black bow to co-ordinate with the bow in her hair.    David has two journals.  He has just turned 10 and is an avid cartoon maker, as well as a movie maker!  He loves to make stop motion movies with his legos, and draws tons of cartoons.  I thought he might like a journal to keep track of ideas that he could use for his cartoons and movies.  I found a drawing that he made of his favorite cartoon character, Darvin the Dog.  I scanned the picture into my computer, and used it on the cover of his idea journal.    I hope he likes his surprise!  I used a crumpled paper background from the "Downtown Grunge" kit, which is also where I got the digital "tape" that holds Darvin's picture.  I hope he likes it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mom, I remember when you did that, I LOVED IT.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!