Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pretty Edges!

I am really liking the new products that go with the Big Shot!  The new Edgelits Dies are really fun to use! On this thank you card, I used the Edgelits Dies and the matching Embossing Folders called "Adorning Accents".  The card started with a base of Blushing Bride, which I trimmed with the Egdeits Die.  I then made a strip of cardstock in Riding Hood Red and trimmed its edge with the Edgelits Die as well. 
I love that the products all co-ordinate together.  The Adorning Accents Edgelits dies are a set of 2 for $9.95, and the matching Adorning Accents Embossing Folders come as a set of 3 for $8.95.  I used the Embossing Folders on my BEE MINE project here.    I really wanted to use one of my new stamp sets and the Bordering on Romance set fit the mood perfectly.  This set also has a stamp that matches the Edgelits Dies, but I did not use that image on this card.  I recently saw a card that someone made, where they colored with markers on colored cardstock.  I had always wanted really sharp colors, so I stamp on white if I am going to color the images in.  But I liked the way the card looked with the coloring right on the colored cardstock, so I thought I would give it a try.  I decided to use ink and blender pens instead of markers, so that I could get some highlights.  I stamped my image in Versamark and then used white embossing powder and my heat gun to create an embossed image.  I also stamped a "Thank you" and embossed it as well.   I then used my Riding Hood Red, Lucky Limeade, and Island Indigo ink pads and a Blender pen to color in the floral image.
I also decorated the inside of my card.  I wanted the cut Edge on the front to really stand out, so I added a strip of Twitterpated paper to the inside, that shows nicely on the front of the card.   I also added some white cardstock to write a message on. 

Thanks for stopping by!!  I hope you liked today's project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!