Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Make a Mitten treat bag.




I saw this cute little treat holder in the Stampin' Up! Seasonal Mini Catalog.  It wasn't until I looked really closely at it today that I realized that it is actually the Fancy Favor Box Die for the Big Shot.  Well that just made the project a whole lot easier, so I just had to make one.  I cut out the die with my Big Shot, then trimmed it down to make the treat box.  I didn't know the measurements in the catalog, so I just went with my own. I scored along the top of the Fancy Favor Box at 1 3/8 inches.  I then cut away the parts I didn't need, and folded along all the score lines.  It makes putting the box together easier if you pre-fold along all your lines, particularly the side scores.


Once you have your box all set, use something like Velcro to close the flap.


I stamped along the bottom of the box with the stitched hearts stamp from the Make a Mitten Stamp set.  I used versa mark and embossed with winter white embossing powder. 
I used the mitten stamps in Gumball Green, and Punched them out.  I added the super cute Sweater Trim ribbon in Gumball green and a wooden button from the Naturals Designer Buttons collection.
 


Fill with chocolates, a gift card or other small items.
Thanks for stopping by!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Thanks so much for figuring this out! I loved the project in the catalog but had no idea of how it was made. I don't have that die thingy and was trying to figure out how to make do with something else. Yours turned out so well!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!