Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mitten Builder punch trick

 I was asked if I cut out the mittens from yesterday's project or if I punched them out.  If you have seen this set before, you know that there is a stamp set and a punch, but that the punch only has a left hand mitten.    I realized that I could punch them out if I folded the paper in half.  Technically we are not supposed to punch through two sheets of paper, so do this at your own risk :)  I feel that the Whisper White card stock is less of a problem because it is a little bit thinner and I haven't had a problem personally. 





























This also works nicely with patterned paper.  This paper is from the Snow Festival Designer Series and the stitched look is perfect for the mittens.  You can line up the paper to give you patterns on the cuffs and main body of the mitten.


 

Thanks for stopping by!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Great tip, will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I purchase this mittens punch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a post from 2012 and the punch has since been discontinued. However, there is a mitten die collection on the Stampin' Up! clearance rack right now: https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/product/144672/many-mittens-framelits-dies?dbwsdemoid=95176

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!