Monday, March 25, 2013

MDS Monday

I have been asked to be a part of the MDS Monday Design team! How fun is that?  If you follow my digital blog, you know that I love to use sketches and design challenges as a way to give my digital pages a starting point.  I have used the bi-weekly challenges at MDS Monday since the site started, so I was thrilled to be asked to be a part.  My First task was to participate in today's new challenge, an easy task since I would have participated anyway : )    Part of the challenge was to add a frame to your main image, but not covering the entire image.  Its a fun way to draw the viewers eye to your focal point.  Here is my first page as a contributor...
This was a two-page sketch.  I love the pennants.  I used a digital kit called "Celebrations".  This kit is full of bright fun stamps, perfect for kid party's for both boys and girls.  The pennants are a stamp that comes with the kit.  I used the coloring tool to color the pennants to match the circles in the background paper.
 MDS Monday is a bi-weekly challenge, so you have two weeks to complete it.  Why not give it a try? 
Don't have MDS (My Digital Studio for those of you who may not know)?  That's OK, you can try MDS Free for 30 days, or buy it for just $19.95, you will love it!
Here is the sketch...
As always, contact me with any questions! I am happy to help!  And, for a more detailed "how to" on this page, go to my Digital Blog, where I will show how to crop and color the digital pennant stamps.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!