Thursday, October 13, 2016

Candy Cane Lane!

I love love love the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper.  First of all it has a Crumb Cake (Kraft) base, which is a favorite of mine.  And it has Real Red, a favorite for Christmas!  But it also has Christmas cookies and gingerbread men! I am a Christmas Cookie baker, I love it and get together with my high school friend every year for over 20 years to make cookies (Are we really that old Jackie?)  This is fabulous Christmas paper and it is part of the Buy 3 Get 1 Free special that is going on for the month of October!  I was so happy to see two Christmas papers are part of this deal!  You can mix and match from 8 different papers (hey, get one of each!) or get multiples of one style.  Today I am going to show you some fun ways to use the Candy Cane Lane paper.

  This first card is copied right out of the Holiday Catalog. I love that they cut out the houses to make this sweet card.  I cut out two of the smaller and one of the larger houses. 










I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the rooftops for some sparkle.






There is a collection of Washi tape that coordinates with the paper, also called Candy Cane Lane.  That is how the row of gumdrops was added as a scallop border to the bottom of the card. So cute!








Next up is this fun Shaker Card! I cut some of the cookies from the paper and used them to fill a mason jar of treats. 











I love the mason jar sets and these cookies look really fun in the jar.  I actually glued down the mitten and larger Gingerbread man so that there would always be some cookies at the top when the card is standing, but the star, tree, and smaller gingerbread man can float around in the jar.











You can get a lot of fun cookies from the paper, and the shapes are not too intricate to cut.









I made a shaker card in a post a while back.  That post has a video that shows how to use the mason jars stamp sets to make the Shaker card, so I am adding it here in case anyone wants to see how to make it.  It is the same card, just turned 90 degrees.  The paper dimensions are the same too! I just used the medium jar instead of the larger one.


Here is the supply lists for the cards.

Product List


Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!