Thursday, May 23, 2024

Citrus Blooms Simple to Super


 Today I am making swap cards with the Citrus Blooms Stamp Set.  I love stamp sets that work with coloring techniques and this set is great for coloring.  The images are perfect for a variety of mediums and I really enjoyed coloring in the oranges.  

I need to make 18 cards and decided to use Watercolor Pencils for the swap.  Stampin' Up! watercolor pencils are a really great way to color your stamped images and they are an economical choice as well.  You can get a whole set of pencils for $18 for the larger Assortment 1 or $14 for Assortment 2.  Get both sets for just $32. The pencils can be used just like, well pencils, but you can also use them with water to get a watercolor look, or Blender Pens to get more of a marker look.  So simple to use and you can layer colors to get even more color options.  I made a video a while back showing many ways to blend and use these pencils. You can see it here. 



The for the first card, I kept it simple using just the stamp set.  I stamped in memento black ink and colored the oranges with Stampin' Up! Watercolor Pencils.  The sentiment was stamped on a die cut from Balmy Blue with the Stylish Shapes dies. 

 


On this next card I added even more steps. I used Blending Brushes on the background in Balmy Blue.  I then added the die cut oranges in a separate layer, colored with Watercolor Pencils and popped up on dimensionals. I added some gold foil branches behind the oranges and some additional Pumpkin Pie flowers with rhinestone centers sprinkled around the card. 

 

 

 

 

 You can watch a video how to for these cards on my YouTube channel where I share many tips and tricks for the watercolor pencils.

 

 


 Sometimes you need a card fast, and sometimes you have more time to play.  These duo shows that you can make something beautiful with minimal supplies, and you can step it up even more when you like.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!