Thursday, September 22, 2011

In Love with Spice Cake!

Spice Cake paper that is!  The Spice Cake paper is just gorgeous!  I actually had a hard time cutting it up this morning.  I will definatly get another pack before it goes away in January.  Today I am still working on projects for this weekends Stamp Camp.  I'm a bit behind schedule :)   I like to make 4 cards and 1 non-card at each stamp camp.  I also wanted to use the Spice cake paper.  I think I am going to go with this Fancy Favor box as my non card item.  I think these might be cute on the table for Thanksgiving, too!
The box is super easy to assemble because it is a die cut.  It is the Fancy Favor Die, by sizzix, exclusively for Stampin' Up!  Its a really nice sized box, easy to fill but not too big that you break the bank making it look full.  I filled mine with carmel corn.  yum! And the carmel corn matches the paper- how great is that?!   Its popcorn selling time again for the boy scouts so I'm loaded with boxes of pop corn.  So, this project will help my son out with his popcorn sales too!
 One tip for making the box is to glue on the strip of patterned paper before assembing the box.  Its just easier.  I added a scallop circle rosette to the front of the box for some extra pretty! I showed how to  make the scallop circle rosette in a previous post if you would like to check that out:  http://bethrush-bethspapercuts.blogspot.com/2011/09/scallop-circle-rosettes.html  The carmel corn is in a seperate clear bag, sold in a pack of 50 for $4.95.  Those clear bags are great to have on hand for a quick thank you to a co-worker, neighbor, teacher, whoever. 
I hope you liked todays project!  If you live in the Elmhurst Illinois area and would like to attend a Stamp Camp, please contant me.  You can also order Stampin' Up! at my online store. 
thanks for stopping by!!
beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!