Thursday, August 9, 2012

WaterFall Card

I made my first Waterfall card in 2004.  I thought they were so much fun.  Then, I forgot about them for a while.  I was thinking of making some cards with movement and wanted it to work for a 10 year old girl.  I thought of cupcakes, and the cupcake builder punch right away, but wasn't sure what I was going to do to make them move.  One of the sentiments that come with the Create a Cupcake set is "It's not about how many candles you blow out, but how many cupcakes you get!" and so I wanted to use a lot of cupcakes on my card.  Then I ran across a waterfall card while browsing online and then my card was done.  I had not made a waterfall card in years so I turned to my Favorite Craft Site Splitcoaststampers to get the tutorial.  They have just about everything, so I knew I would find it there.

The base of the card is Raspberry Ripple layered with Soft Suede Designer Series Paper.   The cupcakes cascade up when you pull down on the ribbon, showing you each cupcake one at a time. I made each cupcake a little bit different. 
 Fun for sure.  My daughter asked for one of her own. 





I hope you check out the tutorial I linked to above, and try one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!