Monday, January 6, 2014

Vivid Vases

Hi Everyone!  I hope you are all toasty warm on this cold cold day.  At least it's cold here in Illinois.  The kids were supposed to go back to school after a long winter break, but school was cancelled due to the cold.  BRRRRR!  I wonder if it's too cold for my pet cardinal to visit today.  My daughter and I have a cardinal that visits us.  He sits outside the window and chirps as we eat breakfast.  I started putting sunflower seeds out for him and he brought back his female friend.  Now we see them every day, but we did not see them yesterday and I doubt we will see them today.  Hopefully they are snuggled in their nest.  Anyway, since it is super cold I thought I would play around with the new Spring mini catalog. This stamp is called Vivid Vases.  It comes all by itself as a set of one.  The paper I used with it is called Fresh Prints and I LOVE that paper.  It is one of those 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 paper stacks with 4 each of 12 designs.  I seriously love the patterns and I kinda wish it was 12 x 12 because it would be nice for some larger projects too.  I can see myself hoarding some of this when the catalog ends! 
I made this catalog with my new Mailable Monday idea in mind.   I kept it pretty simple with out any bulky ribbon or brads to hinder the mailing process or cause extra postage to be required.
I also used the paper in the vases.  I used a marker to ink up the desired vase and stamped it onto the patterned paper.  Then I cut it out and attached it to the card.  Pretty simple. 










In this version I added some paper flowers and pearls to the vases. 
















Thanks for stopping by today!  Stay Warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!