Sunday, May 17, 2020

Watercolor with your Stamps featuring the Celebrate Sunflowers set

The Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set was still out on my desk, so I decided to use it for water-coloring.  I naturally reached for my yellow ink pads, Crushed Curry and Daffodil Delight, but then I changed my mind and went for the purples, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape.   I ended up doing both. I really like how the Purple turned out, but I thought maybe the Yellow was more traditional.  Which do you prefer?






The purple version starts with a base of Purple Posy and a mat in Basic Gray.  I added some of the new In Good Taste Designer Series paper for my background.  The In Good Taste Designer Series Paper is sure to be a popular one.  The pages are each photos of textured items such as wood planks or tiles, plaster and textiles.  I show this paper in detail in the video below.
I stamped the flowers in Black Stazon ink onto Water Color Paper. The flowers were painted with my Aqua Painter and inks.  Here I used Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Old Olive and Smokey Slate.   I decided to blacken the edges around the flowers to eliminate the Ivory color and to make the purples very bold.
Some scattered sequins were added for some sparkle.








This version uses Crushed Curry for the base, Early Espresso for the mat, and more of the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper for the background.
The flowers were stamped in Saddle Brown Stazon Ink. I colored the flowers with Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Old Olive.  I added some gold thread and small gold metallic dots for more interest.













This video show the stamps, dies and papers in more detail, and gives you tips on painting the flowers and putting the cards together. I hope you like it!



The Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set will be in the new Annual Catalog which comes out June 3rd.  If you would like to get it early, there is a way!   When you join Stampin' Up! you can choose any $125 worth of current product, or specially selected upcoming products to form your Starter Kit for just $99! That's $26 in free merchandise and the shipping is free.  There is no further obligations to buy, but you will then get a demonstrator discount for 3 months to try it out.  I am happy to answer any questions you may have, or click to watch my join video under my blog header to learn more.

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to always know what is going with Stampin' Up!  I'll keep you informed of specials and even give some free card tutorials and fun color challenges. I hope you will also join me on my Facebook page.  We have some fun challenges there as well "Beth's Paper Cuts Idea Sharing Group" on Facebook.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!