Saturday, November 18, 2023

Joy of Noel Stamp

 I finally made my first Christmas card of the season!  And of course I had to watercolor it!  I used the Joy of Noel stamp set and made several versions in Real Red and Shaded Spruce.


I started by embossing the main image with gold embossing powder.  Then I messy painted the Shaded spruce over the image, avoiding the red berry areas. 

Once dry I went back in and re-painted the leaves and holly to darken just those areas. I then painted the red berries. 

I embossed the Joyous Sentiment with gold embossing powder as well. 







For this second version I embossed the image and sentiment in black embossing powder.  I colored the image the same way as the Shaded Spruce card. 

For this version I added some die cuts from the Joy Of Noel die set in gold foil and shaded spruce. 

On this version I repeatedly stamped one of the background images on a scrap of watercolor paper and then spritzed it with water to smudge it a bit.  







I have a full length video for these cards on my YouTube channel.


which color do you think looks best?


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!