Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Woodland Embossing folder ~ A winter version

Hello Everyone.  Today I thought I would share a winter version of Monday's card.  This card also uses the Among the Branches bundle, which includes the Among the Branches stamp set and the Woodland embossing folder. 

This time I embossed a piece of watercolor paper because I wanted to get a soft watercolor background.  I painted each of the "empty spaces" between the trees by starting from one side and blending to the other, this made a shadowy look. I used Soft Sky ink.












Next I added some Crumb Cake with a sponge.  One thing we learned at stamp camp is that you really do need to paint first and sponge second because if you already have the crumb cake on the paper and your aqua painter accidentally touches it, it will make a yucky spot on your tree.









I added a couple of birds from the Tree Builder punch.  The punch makes one bird, facing to the left, but just punch one with the glimmer paper facing up and one with the glimmer paper facing down and then you will have birds facing each other.  You probably would have figured that out :)  but just in case you didn't I thought I would mention it :)







Thanks for stopping by!!

I stamped the sentiment on Soft Sky paper with Soft Sky ink and added some silver thread behind it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!