Saturday, September 5, 2015

Peaceful snowflakes

Hello everyone!  Hope you are enjoying the Labor Day weekend!  We have hit 90 degrees several days lately and so I thought a snowflake card was in order. I am a rare person who actually prefers winter to summer, not the zero degree days but the 50's are just fine! Snow is pretty and I like to build snowmen.  Anyway, here is a bit of chill for this hot hot day!
This card used a new set called Holly Jolly Greeting. This is a fun set because it has lots of words, some bold some small, that you combine to make your greeting.  There is also a coordinating die that has the words Merry, Jolly and Peace.









I started the card by embossing Whisper White card stock with the large snowflake in clear embossing powder.
Next I used a sponge dauber to add Pool Party ink.  The ink will not stick to the embossing powder, so you can see the pretty snowflakes start to emerge from the background.  I also used the little stamp with the snowflake splatter to add some Pool Party splatter to the card.














I added the word Peace made from the die and silver glimmer paper.  I added a piece of velum as a banner behind the word Peace, and the On Earth to a smaller Whisper White banner.  I also added a few rhinestones for shimmer.








 



The new Fine Tip Glue pen is perfect for gluing down the thin detailed words.















Here is another card from the Holiday catalog.



























Thanks so much for stopping by today!!









1 comment:

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!