Friday, September 11, 2015

Lighthearted Leaves

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a project with the new Lighthearted Leaves set.  I really love leaf sets and when the new Annual catalog came out, one of the first bundles I bought was the Vintage Leaves set with the coordinating Leaflets framelit dies.  When I saw the new Lighthearted Leaves set in the Holiday catalog I was so happy that it also works with Leaflets framelits.  Yea!!
I started by sponging Cajun Craze onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then stamped the taller leave in Cajun Craze, and another leaf bunch in Old Olive.  It looks messy but it will be covered up so its OK.
I layered the main image onto a Cajun Craze card base and a piece of Designer Series from the Bohemian collection.
I stamped the maple leaf in Hello Honey and rolled the edges in Cajun Craze to get a two-toned effect on the leaf.  The smaller leaf was stamped in Hello Honey ink onto Hello Honey cardstock.  The So Grateful For You was stamped in Cajun Craze ink onto Cajun Craze cardstock.






To distress the burlap I cut a small strip.










Next I cut off the side binding.















Then I took away a few strands at all four sides of the ribbon to get the frayed edge.







Next I crumbled the ribbon into a ball.
















And now you have a fun piece of distressed burlap. I adhered it to the card front with a piece of the new Tear Tape, which I love.
 
















 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!