Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Pretty Gift bag!

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a gift bag that I made.  I love to make little gift bags and with Teacher Appreciation just around the corner I thought I would experiment with a few.   The new Botanical Builder Framelit Dies as so great for adding floral accents, I love the cut out petals.







This bag is super easy.  You make a simple base, whatever size you want, and add the sides, how ever tall you want.  Super customizable!  I made this base 5 by 2 1/2 in Basic Black.  Score a half an inch around all four sides.  Snip the little tabs at the sides and fold them up.






This little tray type piece will form the bottom of your bag.




Next choose your paper for the sides.  I added tear tape to the bottom and up one side.   I cut mine at 12 by 4 1/4.







Start in the center of the back and carefully wrap the paper around the base.
















 You will end with a bag like this.

















I then cut 4 strips 12 by 1/2 inches, two for the handles and two as trip for the top and bottom of the bag.







I used tear tape to adhere the trim and the handles.













I cut several flowers with the Botanical Builder Framelit dies.  I used a bone folder to curl some of the petals slightly and layered some centers.










For this bag I chose Watermelon Wonder and Blushing Bride.












This bag uses Bermuda Bay and Pool Party, with a tiny accent of Crushed Curry.













Where did that beautiful Bermuda Bay and Watermelon Wonder glimmer tape come from you ask?  It is the Sale-A-Bration glimmer tape, sponged with ink to match the bags!  So great!  Free with a $50 purchase!






















I hope that you like my project today!  Perhaps you will make one of your own!
Thanks for stopping by!

Product List








3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I like the colors. Thank you for the directions.☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I like the colors. Thank you for the directions.☺

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!