Friday, June 3, 2016

Glitter Splatter ~ You gotta try it!

Hi everyone!!  Today I wanted to share some really fun projects that use glitter splatter.  You may have seen the pink rose card in yesterday's post but I wanted to get you up close and personal with the glitter technique and also show you another card with the same layout. 
These cards are really pretty in person and I know that I will use this glitter technique quite a bit in the coming months.  Stamp campers get ready to glitter on some projects very soon! 


The first thing you need to do is grab your Tombo Multi Purpose glue and a paintbrush.  Add several drops of water to your glue and stir.  It needs to be runny, but still white glue. 






Next take your glue mixture and get your brush really loaded up.  With quick jerky motions add the splatter to your card base.  You can also tap the paintbrush on a pencil to get a quick movement to shake some glue onto the paper. 











Add your glitter!






Shake it off!













Do a quick test! lay your focal point onto the card base with out sticking it down.  You may decide you need even more splatter like I did.









Lets take a closer look at that stamp set!  It is the Picture Perfect stamp set and it is really pretty!! This set is a layering set and it takes THREE stamps to make the final rose.  This style of image is called photo realistic.








Here is a closer look at the rose, so pretty! I used Melon Mambo.  With the first layer I inked up the stamp, then stamped once onto scrap paper before stamping onto Whisper White.  The second layer was also stamped off once, and then the third layer is Melon Mambo at full strength.
I used Old Olive on the leaf.  First and second layer were both stamped off once, then the third layer was stamped at full strength.












This next card uses the same layout but with the Remarkable You stamp set and Cucumber Crush!   I stamped the leaves onto Shimmery White card stock so that I could use my Aqua Painter to color them.








I love the look of watercolor and the leaves look great in this bright fun green! 













Thanks for stopping by today!!
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!