Tuesday, June 28, 2016

More Birds~ Best Birds Stamp set

Hi Everyone!  I decided to take yesterday's Best Birds card and kick up the background a notch.
I love the Hardwood background stamp and I particularly like it stamped on Pool Party!  I used Early Espresso on the Hardwood stamp, then distressed it a bit with a sponge and Crumb Cake ink.














The bird image was also stamped in Early Espresso, then watercolored with Crumb Cake, Pool Party and Calypso Coral.  The leaves are in Garden green.

The stamp set included the branch with just a few leaves, but there are also the flower stem as I have used in my card here, or berries to add to the branch, depending on the season.

When I cut out the images and placed them onto the card I thought that the outline around the images was too bright.  I softened them up a bit by using a sponge and some Crumb Cake ink around the outline.









I decided to use the new Thoughtful Banner Bundle to make a thank you sentiment to add to my card.

















A double bow in linen thread is the perfect accent for this card.





I hope that you like today's project.  Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks for stopping by!




Check out this video if you would like to see the watercoloring process step by step...











4 comments:

  1. Saw this on Pinterest, can't believe no one else told you what a pretty card this is! Great watercoloring, and I love your choice of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are just the nicest. Thank you so much. I do love to watercolor :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for the water coloring lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Nancy. This is one of my favorite sets to watercolor. :)

      Delete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!