Monday, June 27, 2016

Birds and Blooms Watercolor card

Hi Everyone! Today I want to share a pretty card made with the new Best Birds stamp set and Birds and Blooms thinlits dies.  I really like these pretty little birds and knew I wanted to watercolor them. Any stamp set that lets me use my Aqua Painters is a favorite with me :)  
I'm not a bird expert and didn't know exactly what sort of bird this stamp is, so I decided that I would just use a color combination that I love, Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Crumb Cake.










I stamped the bird in Early Espresso onto watercolor paper, and then used my Aqua Painter to add the colors.  I let the initial layer dry for just a bit, then added a little more Calypso Coral to the birds tummy, and some more Crumb Cake to the outlined areas of the birds wings and face.   I used more Crumb Cake on the branch, along with Garden Green.














The Best Birds stamp set comes with several sentiments.  I love when a set is versatile like that.
I choose the Happy Birthday for this card.   The set also comes with a great background stamp in a texture like burlap.  I know that stamp will see a lot of use!







To bring in a little more color, I stamped a flower from the set in Calypso Coral and watercolored it as well.  The matching Birds and Blooms thinlits dies cut all the parts out perfectly.


I added some linen thread tied in a bow to complete the card.


I hope that you like the card!! I really enjoyed watercoloring the bird! Here is a video if you would like to see the watercolor process step by step...


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!