Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Love and Affection ~ a new collection from Stampin' Up!

Hello Everyone!  Today I am sharing a card using the new Love and Affection collection.  I love kraft cardstock, now called Crumb Cake cardstock, always have. When I saw this new designer paper with a kraft base I put in on my order right away.
I loved this card that I received from a fellow demonstrator Ashley VanCamp and made this one based on that design.




The paper is called Affectionately Yours.  The colors on the paper area bright and fun and if you look closely you will notice that two of the designs have a white side.  That is because these two patterns do not have a back, they are embossed with a copper shine and you wouldn't want to cover that up!!

For the background of my card I used my Aqua Painter to was a bit of Night of Navy across the bottom. I then got the Aqua Painter very wet with Night of Navy ink and water and flicked a bit onto the card base.  I used some flowers from the Love and Affection stamp set to tie in the papers.







Next I added strips of the pretty paper to the bottom of the card, each flagged at their ends.








I used the new Thick Cucumber Crush Bakers Twine for the bow.













You might be thinking that that the Cucumbe Crush Baker's Twine doesn't look that thick, and you would be right.  I actually untwisted the twine into three strands. It gives the twine a bit of a pretty ruffle.

I used both the Hello and the Thanks die cuts from teh Hello You thinlits dies.







At the Stampin' Up! OnStage event this past April we got to try out this collection and this is the card we made, so pretty!










Isn't that embossing pretty!  The collection has two embossing folders.

















This is a beautiful collection and I hope you'll check it out on pages 44 and 45 of the new Stampin' Up! catalog!



Thanks for stopping by!! Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!