Thursday, June 9, 2016

Graduation Gift bag and the new Thoughtful Banners Bundle!

Hi everyone!!  June is Graduation party time and so I thought I would share a gift bag that I made last week.  Green is the color of the local high school here and luckily it is a brighter green because I really like using Cucumber Crush! And I have fun new Cucumber Crush ribbon that just needed to go on a project!

I started off with the Gift Bag Punch Board.  I bought this product when it first came out but it sat for quite a while.  I finally got it out in February and since them I have use it SO many times!!  The gift bags end up so cute and the punch board makes it so easy.  Love it!
I wanted to use the fun the Sprinkles punch for some confetti so I needed a shaker front.













I used a framelit to cut the circle out of the front.  Next I used some of the words from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set to decorate the front of the bag.  I lined up celebrate, congrats and graduation on a block, then stamped in a row across the center of the bag. then glued a window sheet to the inside panel over the hole.






I adhered a window sheet to the inside of the bag to cover the hole.
I learned a little tip at the last Stampin' Up! OnStage event that you should use your Embossing Buddy to remove static from the window sheet before adding your confetti.  Brilliant!






Did you notice the new foam adhesive strips? They are awesome for shaker cards!! 




Another little thing I like to do with shaker cards is that I like to take a few pieces of confetti and glue them in place towards the top of the card or bag.  This way when the card or bag is standing up, the confetti is not all at the bottom leaving a blank circle.

The Sprinkles punch is great for adding just the right color confetti to your projects!






I made the tassel by wrapping Cucumber Crush Thick Baker's Twine around a stamping block about 7 times.  I also added some Gold Metallic Thread.  Then I slipped the twine off the block and tied a loop around one end.  Next I unraveled the twin into its individual threads.  I trimmed the bottom so that the ends would be nice and neat.








The bag is not too big, not too small.  I am going to put a gift card in with a bit of chocolate. 
 I stamped the Banner stamp onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock.  Next I added the word 'Graduation' to a block and placed it over the banner so I could see the curve of the banner.  Photopolymer stamps are bendable, so you can make your word stamps follow curves, like in the banner here, or in other ways to make them more interesting.


I love photopolymer stamps for easy layering and lining up! 













Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you will give the Gift Box Punch Board a try!

Product List








3 comments:

  1. This ist a great idea. Love the tassel.
    Greetings
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefanie! So glad you like it. I agree, the tassel is worth the hassel :)
      Beth

      Delete
  2. We have examine your place, it is rather useful in addition to personally. My partner and i envy the particular valuable info you present as part of your post. Many thanks regarding putting up the idea.. Regards: unique graduation gifts

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!