Saturday, June 25, 2016

Rapunzel Birthday Card

Hello everyone!  Today I wanted to share a card I made for a birthday party my daughter went to.  The party had a Rapunzel theme and so I decided to create a card to go with the theme. 
A few years back I made a Rapunzel Valentine's Day box for Jillian and this card was inspired by that.
Here is Jillian with her Valentine's Day box. You can see that post here.














To make the tower I used the Brick Wall embossing folder.  I embossed a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and then used a sponge to add more dimension of color on the bricks.
The window was cut out with a die from the Baker's Box Dies, which was sitting out on my desk.  You can use so many shapes to make the window.  I then split the cut out piece in half for shutters, stamping them with the  Hardwood background stamp.
I made Rapunzel's hair with the new Very Vanilla Thick Baker's Twine.  Thanks Stampin' Up! for coming out with that color just in time!!











I hand cut the roof, then embossed it with the new Seaside embossing folder.  I added some Vellum clouds punched out from the Tree Builder punch.
The little flowers and leaves were also punched out with the Tree Builder punch.  I used Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride and Garden Green for the flowers.


I made the Happy Birthday Banner with the new Thoughtful Banner Bundle.  This stamp set has over 50 stamps to work for many occasions.  The punch cuts out two different shaped banners.  This is a must have bundle, I have used it several times already and I have only had it a month.

I had to make an envelope with the envelope punch board since my card was 4 by 8, I wanted it to be tall for the tower.






Jillian decorated the inside of the card. 
















Product List











4 comments:

  1. This is definitely one of the cutest cards I have ever seen made! Great job Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My granddaughter had a Repunzel party a few years ago. I used several shades of yellow embroidery thread to make the braid, which then I threaded across the front and trough to the inside of the card. I love your tower, the brick embossing folder is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Beth. I bet your card was darling with a braid going all the way to the inside as well!! Fun!

      Delete

Hi, I love all your comments! But, I have learned that I can not always reply to your comments. If you would like me to contact you directly, you can email me at bethrush@issinternet.com Im happy to hear from you. Or, you can leave a comment here if you dont want to hear back. Happy stamping!